Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Black Walnuts,Pecans and Acorns!!!




Good Morning my dear friends far and near!
On my daily morning walk I have time to think and reflect but recently I take that time and fill it with nothing but gratitude and what an amazing journey I am having!!!!! And I truely believe this is only the beginning of my journey of gratitude!!!
I want to take this time and say 'HAPPY THANKSGIVING' to all of you! We will be spending the day with friends. I have on my to do list of making Pumpkin pie,Pumpkin Roll and twice baked sweet potato casserole and a chili cornbread salad to take along. Some of these recipes are posted on my blog and if you would like the others that are not posted let me know and I will be happy to share with you!
I dearly miss our children and grandbabies this time of the year and am sure they miss us too. But I am thankful that they are all well and healthy and are prospering in all areas of their life! And having them all only a phone call away makes it sweetly nice!!! I love you all! <3
I want to share a few pictures of what I have been filling my pockets with on my morning walks this past week. The acorns I am not sure why I am collecting them for. Look how huge some of them are! The pecans are only a few broken ones,we have a nice bunch in the garage.They come from our back yard and beside the road on my walks. The darker picture are black walnuts all from our back yard. We have three black walnut trees and four pecan trees in our back yard! What a blessing! We need to do something next year for a better crop and to keep them squirrels away from the pecans.
love and peace to each of you until next time---karen

No comments:

Post a Comment