Saturday, June 19, 2010

Rhubarb Pie


This recipe comes from our friend Urie Hershberger and its from his mothers kitchen.I have now made this pie twice and i do believe it is a keeper!! My friend Daniel has also given me a rhubarb pie recipe i will try later! Thanks guys!!!
1 unbaked pie crust(I'd share my pie crust recipe but so far its a family secret,sorry)
SAUCE:
1 1/4 cup sugar;
2 T.flour;
2 egg yolks;
2 cups finely cut rhubarb(more if using big pie pan);
Stir together(fold in rhubarb last).Put into unbaked pie crust
CRUMBS FOR TOP:
1/2 cup brown sugar;
1 cup flour 1/4 cup butter
Mix sugar and flour,cut in butter until well blended,spread on top
Makes one pie
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake pie for 15 min. turn oven down to 350 degrees for 30 minutes. DELICIOUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment